Today’s Strength Training
- 4 sets of 5-8 reps with a weight that is slightly difficult. Don’t use a true 5-8 rep max as a beginner. Work on your form.
2.) Super-Set: Push-up & Chin-ups
- 3 sets of as many reps as you can do. If you have progressed to 10 push-ups and chin-ups, then you can begin to progress to intermediate level exercise
- Build up to 1 rep at 90-95% 1 rep max.
- For me this looked like: 10 x 135 lbs, 5 x 250 lbs, 3 x 315 lbs, 3 x 335 lbs, 2 x 355 lbs, 1 x 375 lbs
- 3 sets of 3-5 reps for each exercise on each arm. Match the reps on your strong arm with the reps on your weak arm. Basically if you can only do 3 push-ups with your left arm, only do 3 with your right, even if you can do more. Make sure you watch the push-up progression video and the chin-up progression video for reference.
Today’s Conditioning Training
1.) Superset: Push-Press & Back Squats
- 5 reps Push-press and 10 reps back squats
- You must complete 4 rounds as fast as possible with no rest. Therefore, the weight must be light enough that you can complete the 4 rounds without rest using very fast reps. Choose your weight accordingly!
- Beginners, you may need to simply do body weight squats and use dumbbells for the push press.